Theme: Celebrating the Biodiversity of India
Terms and Conditions
1. Each participant can submit only one entry.
2. Soft copies of the original photographs (minimum size of 2 MB, and maximum of 8 MB) need to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Each photograph should be accompanied by a caption and a short description (50 words)
4. The photograph should be original; not morphed and the participant should be the sole and original owner of it. Only standard optimization of image is allowed (standard optimization means adjusting colour, contrast, sharpening, brightness, dust removal), any kind of manipulation that alters the truthfulness of the original image would lead to disqualification.
5. The photograph should not be a direct full frame image of other artwork like a painting or a sculpture. However, paintings, sculptures and similar artworks can be part of the picture, not the main subject.
6. The photo must not contain violence, profanity, sex, racism, intimidation or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified. ICLEI South Asia reserves the right to disqualify any posts deemed too lewd or controversial. Images that involve harassment of wildlife, or damage to the ecosystem/biodiversity will be disqualified.
7. Participants should not to enter images that have already received an award or recognition in another national or international competition. The participant must certify and warrant that the submitted photo(s) does not violate the rights of a third party or any copyright. ICLEI South Asia is not responsible for intellectual property violations that might have resulted through the submissions of photos. If any copyright is shown, these entries will be disqualified.
8. The last date of submission of entries: 2nd June 2020
The jury comprises of:
• Mr. Shakti Singh Choudhary, Mayor, Gangtok Municipal Corporation, Gangtok
• Dr. C Rajan, Head, Centre for Heritage, Environment and Development, Kochi
• Mr. V Krishna, IFS, Additional Commissioner, Urban Biodiversity, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, Hyderabad
• Dr. Pradip Sarmokadam, Member Secretary, Goa State Biodiversity Board, Goa
• Mr. Shreyas Yadav, Adventure explorer , Nature and Wildlife Photographer
• Mr. Enrico Fabian, Award-winning German Freelance Photographer, Regular Contributor to Washington Post and Der Spiegel
• Mr. Emani Kumar, Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
9. The results will be announced on: 4th June 2020 during the webinar on urban biodiversity, being hosted by ICLEI South Asia (details will be shared soon).
10. The winners of the competition will grant to ICLEI South Asia the right to reproduce and publish the image with due credit.
11. The jury reserves the right to disqualify any winning or shortlisted image, even after the results are announced, and its decision in all matters connected to the competition will be final.
12. The first prize of Rs 9,000; two second prizes of Rs 7000 each; a third prize of Rs 5000; and five consolation prizes of Rs 500 each will be awarded. The amount will be transferred to the bank account of the winners.
So hurry up and submit your best shots. Happy clicking!