‘ESD Okayama Award 2021’ is open for entry!
Okayama City (Japan) and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee are pleased to announce that ‘ESD Okayama Award 2021’ is open for entry internationally. It rewards outstanding practices on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in local communities around the world. The aims of the award are to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities and promote ESD to local communities globally through showcasing their initiatives.
The world is facing severe challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are aware that many organizations are having difficulties in continuing their activities. Even more so than under normal circumstances, we would like to encourage any eligible organizations to apply for the award and share their activities and experiences with the world.
- Eligibility: Organizations based in any country, including Japan, implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Award.
- Number of Award Winning Projects: Up to two projects
- Prize: US $3,000 per project
- Deadline for application: 15 July 2021 (Thursday), 5pm (Japanese Standard Time)
- Award Ceremony: One representative of the winning project(s) will be invited to the Award Ceremony in Okayama, Japan, and be requested to give a presentation on the project. The scheduled date is 20 November 2021 (Saturday). It has not been decided yet to be in-person or online.
For more detailed information, including application guideline, application form and information of former award-winning projects of the ESD Okayama Award, please visit our official website:
We are looking forward to your application!